These are four mini-workshops including the following:
Class Description: Mandalas are a fun trend in quilting today. In this workshop look at ways to build these beautiful designs using symmetry, starting with a doodle.
Beyond Basic Background Fills
Class Description: Interested in building a library of designs you can use with confidence? In this workshop, you’ll identify shapes you already love to quilt, learn how to create pathways to connect designs, and explore using different threads to really make your background fill quilting pop. Objective: Develop a library of designs that you can quilt with confidence using free motion on your longarm.
• Identify the shapes that you are naturally good at
• Use these shapes to create new pathways
• Audition designs for each quilt
• The impact thread can have on quilting
• Finding the size and shape that best enhance the feature you want to highlight
Not Your Average Orange Peel
Class Description: Let’s take a classic design – the orange peel – and spice it up in this fun workshop. You’ll learn how to add creative designs to jazz up this basic quilting design.
Objective: Teach the stitching path for the “continuous curve” design that students can then “upskill” the design by jazzing up the centers with additional designs without breaking the thread. See other shapes that create a fun design with the same pathway.
• The basic stitch path of the continuous curve
• Deciding where a continuous line design would fit well
• How to stitch out the design using free motion or rulers
• How to add interest to the centers with basic center designs while not breaking the thread
• How to use other shapes in the same stitch path to change the design
Applique on the Longarm
Class Description: Looking for more fun projects to do from start to finish on the larmarm? Learn how to applique on the longarm using different techniques.
Click here to print out schedule